On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art


   I was wondering if I could get help identifying the architectural style this table is . Also would appreciate any help with age and value. Is it American or English made.  No markings 

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John, Nice table, It's hard to tell without seeing the underside though.

My Guess would be American, and I don't think it's terribly old. Without seeing the underside, I can't tell. Do you have straight screws, Phillip's, or peg construction? 

Wood might be a dark stained walnut or oak. How does your leaf work, is it a self storing, or a separate piece you need to store, away from the table?

Besides Gate Leg and Drop Leaf, I'd call it Early American which came out in late 1950s and continues to date. It could also be called a Trestle table (the lower portion looks like a RR trestle.) Answering Vicki I can see an indentation on the lower stretcher where the gate legs rest when the leaves are down; American made.

I'd say it's white oak stained brown.


Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service