On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Oops I think I had this in the wrong spot.

My Neighbors Mom passed away and she has this rocking chair I really like. It's so comfy. No name or IS on it.

I am trying to figure out a fair value of it.

I will also post a crock in a minute for the same reason

thanks for any input

Views: 83

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

It's a Victorian platform rocker, from the 1880s or 90s. It looks as though it has an adjustable back, which I haven't seen before on this type of rocker. I love Victorian furniture, but unfortunately it is not in demand these days. I'm not too much up on prices, but if it were in a nice antique store I think $150 might be a reasonable price. On the other hand I've seen them left at the curb for trash, though not usually in perfect condition, as yours seems to be.

Thank you Jeremy,

I am short and it fits me well. The neighbor gal passed away and the kids want to sell it. Yes it does have an adjustable back and is super comfy. I thought it would not be comfy at all until I sat in it, then I did not want to get up !

i agree with jeremys age and price  it is not the normal platform rocker but today most every one wants paint yuck, or 1960s

Craig

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service