On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

This is part of a collection of around 24 pieces of glassware that we received a few days ago. Some that we were able identify as American brilliant. Several nice pieces of Canastota Hibiscus.  This one I can't find after about five hours of research. The size is 4-1/2" X 1-3/4". We have 4 of them. It is signed with two lions and a script R in between. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 89

Replies to This Discussion

Hawkes Gravic is known for his sunflower pieces like this but he usually signs his pieces with his name maybe its a copy of one of his or he signed it differently at one time .. you could try researching his pieces 

Thanks Katherina, I'll head in that direction.

Not Hawks, but of the same era. Hawks signature is two "hawks" that look like crows, with a fleur de lis in center.

Regal and Royal were two makers of this era, in USA. It may be very difficult to find exact maker, as information on this era of glass is remote and difficult. 

I'm about 90% certain that your piece is American. This style with the floral and leaves come about at the very end of the Brilliant period and it goes into about 1910. Some refer to it as "Late ABP". There is a slight chance that this is instead English, but I'm pretty sure it's not. 

Maybe what is more important is 1. US made, and 2. Late ABP, or early 20th century glass. Using that info, you should be able to find lots of examples similar to yours, if your tying to price it.

IF your collecting, and just wish to nail down more info, I would suggest joining an ABP glass website or maybe Facebook has a group you could join. Once there, you could post your pics and see if some of those members would have more info for you. It's very pretty, Nice find!

A special thanks to Vicki who led me in the right direction.  It was true American Brilliant cut glass from north of the border. A Canadian cutting house - Roden Brothers (1891-1922). We still have not identified the pattern so any info will be appreciated.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service