On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I found a box (C.C.C. issue) with items from my father's boyhood and his Army days in WW2. A few I would be curious as to their value. The box itself which dad was issued when he entered the Civilian Conservation Corps which was a government program that operated from 1933 to 1942. There are also 2 lapel pins - one is Jr. Birdmen of America and the other is Capt. Hawks Sky Patrol. Also a ring that I cannot make out what it signifies, but it has some alters and numbers on the interior.

Views: 170

Replies to This Discussion

capt hawks sky patrol was a radio show back in the day

The Junior Birdmen of America was a national organization for boys and girls interested in aviation and model plane building, founded (ca. 1934) and promoted by the Hearst newspaper chain, with the cooperation of the U.S. Bureau of Air Commerce.[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Birdmen

WWII ORIGINAL LOT OF CCC (CIVILIAN CONSERVATION CORP) PATCHES-NO GLOWThis lot is being sold on ebay for $55

An empty blue Issue Kit box was on there and they were asking $25.

It's a start.

Image result for WWll and CCC gold ringsI think this might be your ring...yes?

I don't think so, Molly. Yours had a black background and a gold eagle in relief. Mine had a flat insignia, but I can't tell what it is. Yours has a different style scrolling around the emblem.

I was thinking, if you turn the ring upside down, you could see where the impression might have been left, had the emblem been torn off or worn down, or something.  As far as the side designs, there were many.  This one says 10K and I am guessing yours is 14K, but I thought it might help give you a direction.....just a thought.

I cant see any of your posts, Molly.

This is the ring upside down

How about now?

All I see is a broken image icon.

Well,

I guess you got the information from yesterday.  I basically just sent you a picture of the same ring upside down with an explanation as to how it might be related.  We will have to let someone else make it work.  I hope I helped a little...maybe things will work better later.  Good luck, either way.  :)

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service