On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I did a google image search and came up empty.

I'm guessing it was worn by someone who attended a military school, but that's just a guess.

Views: 295

Replies to This Discussion

i would write to the valley forge academy send a picture of the uniform and ask  since the tailor was a philly tailor and vf is near phila

Just sent a message via the FB page to see if they could confirm that this jacket was worn by a VFMA alumni.

Turns out this uniform was worn by a student of Weidner University in the 1920s.

That's great news! I'm glad you were finally able to ID it for certain! 

I know !!

It's actually Widener University, which at one point was called the Pennsylvania Military Academy .

LOL, Sometimes I get it right! :) Happy for ya in any case!

Give yourself a pat on the back, if possible !

Widener Univ. was founded in 1821 by a UK man named Widener. He has his own, registered Coat of Arms, the same that is still used by the university today. The design on your uniform is the "familial crest" BUT  NOT THAT OF WIDENER.  It would be a major insult to Widener University to have somebody else's Coat of Arms.

The wreath on yours I discussed on Pg 1. Above the wreath is the "Familial Crest".

In checking farther I discovered another "Toujours Pret", 2nd Division, Australian Light Horse. Paula, "F" stands for "Fox". In Australia they use numbers, not letters.

The Light Horse Div. doesn't have a patch that looks like yours...

Being on a WW I jacket with USA army buttons doesn't compute. This indicates (IMO) that your jacket and patch are or were a costume from the roaring twenties.

Tom,

I was given this information by the  Post Historian and Director of Alumni Relations for VFMA.

Lloyd, turn on your Reply button. You have your post on message only.

Somebody from another military school, Valley Forge, identified it? Where's his proof? I doubt it for the reasons given in my earlier reply.

I think the VF person is wrong. Main reason, in the US we don't use familial crests or wreaths. Those are used in the UK.  This indicates to me it's fake or fiction (costume) or foreign.

Here's a page / archive with uniforms for Widener Univ
http://digitalwolfgram.widener.edu/digital/collection/p270801coll5/...

i have to ask  then why does it have the letter F?

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service