On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi,
I am trying to find out value of my folk art cane. It is dated and signed near top. Made from one piece of wood. The handle is of a snake head(I think). The body is covered in carvings of makers life. There are elephants, lions, bears, birds, dogs, house, people on horses, people praying, hunting, fishing. Every inch is carved. Anyone know what country it's from and the value? It is signed but hard to make out.

Views: 71

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Your closeup is out of focus and you didn't include pics of the signature or date. Other important images would be the house and dress of the people. Won't get much without better pictures.

Sorry, I'm not a photographer. The date is 1932 and the images of people do not show dresses or hats. It shows elephants lions and several other animals.

Your cane's head is a duck which is a common handle. The carving appears to have been carved first and then wood burned to make it darker. That is called "pyrography". Many wood canes are made from the roots which makes a much stronger cane and provides a crooked appearance.

Where did you get the cane? What  history do you know about it? The designs could be carved by anybody, anywhere.

Is there a metal tip on it?  If so, what kind of metal. How long is it?

Out of focus pics have no value. Borrow somebody's camera and take focused pics. Help us so we can better help you.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service