My favorite request each Mother's Day was to go antiquing. My family had to agree because after all it was "Mother's Day" . We headed to the furthest place I could think of that would be a hard deal to pull off at any their time
What can you do to encourage traffic as Mother's Day comes close?
Here are some tips to bring more traffic and customer satisfaction. :Can you think of more?
1. Ask all customers who come into your store this week if they are set for Mother's Day? (Some customers never think to consider buying a gift for mom in an antique store...help them become a customer).
2. Post a sign of suggested gifts for Mother's Day (jewelry, perfume bottles, vanity items, crystal, tea cups, dolls, decorative plates, jewelry holders, vintage hankies)
vase, planter, pocketbook etc )
3. Offer a free gift to moms who come antiquing on Mother's Day (flowers, candy,vintage item)
4. Attach a vintage card to all gifts on Mother's Day Weekend.
5. Email all your customers and remind them that your shop is great for buying Mother's Day gifts
6. Set up a pretty display in the front of your store with gift ideas for moms..
7. Offer free gift wrapping.
8. Use pretty shopping bags with pink tissue paper for Mothers Day Gifts
9. Offer bagels, coffee, cookies, cake.
10. Stay open a little later one or two nights before Mothers Day.