On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Many times a lively discussion forms on the main forum because members become confused and do not realize that they are not actually in the group but only reading an announcement about a group activity.

If you would like to advertise your group or something going on in your group, "you can have your cake and eat it too", as the saying goes.In other words you can make an announcement only and direct people to your group.

What you can do is create a promotional announcement on the main page in the main forum but click on
the button which says "discussion closed". This will prevent conversations from taking place in the wrong place. Then you can divert the "action" back to your group where you want the conversation to take place.

Many group moderators are experienced with social networks, and take for granted that members know how to navigate around a site. But experienve has shown that we have to help members learn this new way of communicating.

So I encourage al of you to help members get comfortable on the site. Feel free to clariofy and help membrs learn how to use the site.

Dianne

Views: 98

Replies to This Discussion

Some time ago it was suggested there were big changes coming to the 'Main Forum'.
Not long after I noticed the name was changed from "Main Forum" to "Forum".
I'm still chasing people with questions around, trying to get them out of the Forum and into a Group. Should I continue to "wait and see" or has the dropping of the word "Main" sufficiently fixed the problem?

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2023   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service