On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Serge passed this up, thinking it modern.  I picked it up because it's dang cool and doesn't look modern.  My research has led me to End of Day glass.  For some reason, I can only post one picture. 

The piece is 4-5/8" tall and 2-5/8" at the mouth.  The color is all on the inside and the clear glass on the bottom is thick.  The weight is half an ounce shy of 13.

Views: 115

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Scott, I'm writing from Biloxi MS on the laptop (which is not great, lol). I do not consider your pretty pitcher "end of day" at all. I think you may have one of a couple things and I agree this is not "new" 

I think it could be very nice Italian Art glass, or perhaps made by one of the fine glass makers of Loetz,(Fine Czech/Bohemia Co. ca. 1880-1930's) or in that era. Nice Find!

MS, the Mosquito State.

If I understand, EOD glass is one off.  Guy's doing their own thing after work to show off.  Also called 'frigger' glass.  This after doing their thing for the company.  I've had a couple of pieces of Czech glass.  Each was easily discoverable on the internet because there were others.  Little blue, here, is trying to get me all consternated like Mr. Mustard.  EOD glass has a much better story than Czech.

Before I sent this, I checked out a simple Italy search.  I noticed right off the glass I see online has a flat flair at the mouth, as mine does.  Others I can remember seeing have fluted or spouted(?) rims.  

I'm so international.

Another search turns up many Blenko pieces with the same blue and white spatter...

Posting 1 picture:  After posting the first pic DO NOT CLICK "ADD REPLY".  Instead repeat what you did for pic #1. Once all pics are loaded then click ADD REPLY.

Thanks, Tom.  This thread was started two and a half months ago.  I have since figured things out.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service