On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Dear All,

I have a very fine Sheraton satinwood corner cabinet, c1820. It is extremely untouched with great patina. However, I am trying to find out more information on what I have been calling a 'peacock eye' pattern on the cornice. Hopefully you can see what I mean from the photo. As you can see, it has Tigerwood cross banding, gilt wood etc. Could anyone direct me to any similar examples of this peacock eye decoration, and/or whether this is the correct term for it please? 

Many thanks. 

Views: 155


Replies to This Discussion


This is the only name for a similar style I have come across, for what I would call acanthus leaf scrollwork?

Might they be feathers? or perhaps Plume?

I did find this, if it's any help? I constantly mix up my Sheraton with Hepplewhite, and throw in some Duncan Phyfe too! Ugh



Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2023   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service