On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I have these marbles for sometime after picking them up from a garage sale for my kids to play with but noticed these particular ones and set them aside.

I have been trying to find out what type they are and have found only very little and still couldnt identify them.

What I could find out was that they are handmade as they have cane marks all except for the picture of the group of 6. The four in the middle seem to be made of clay or something and two are smaller than 1cm.

All these marbles , except for one are in excellent condition.

ANY info any could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Views: 826

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

am finding it really hard to find the poles on it to get good shots and the sunlight does show the variation in colour a lot better will just keep adding shots till we can get a decent one I suppose.

will upload 4 pics all up, 2 together of opposite sides, but my photography does no justice

Attachments:

the other 2 sides, wish I could get all the detail into the pictures

Attachments:
Amy, this "glassy eyed gal" is gorgeous. As we go along, someone will recognise her. If I owned this mib, it would be in my permanent collection even though I cannot ID it because I think it is pretty. That said, even when we get it IDed don't sell it to the first person who drools on her. You have yet to learn about my ".$17 bids,"  "twenty year peer reviews," and my latest "my secret 20 year slow cleaning process."
Those sorts of remarks mean, I have no idea of the value, but it is a good piece. You will have then figure out what retail, wholesale, and what you are willing to sell it for (dangling preposition again.)
I am not much of a computer guy and have no idea where the italics came from....hopefully they go away as fast as they arrived.

better one's in the sunlight

Attachments:

some more

Attachments:

another

Attachments:

Amy, I'll need to confirm, but how big is it? I think it could be a moss agate from the Akro Agate Co.

It is 1.7cm, couldn't tell you what that is in inches though?

Sorry, don't know why I asked, on further study, it doesn't matter so much on size on this one. Akro Agate Moss Agate (most likely). Shine a strong flashlight through it and if you get a translucence through the whole thing with fluorescent yellowish/brown base and a translucent brown patch covering 1/4 to almost one half of the marble, then that's what you have here.

It is somewhat translucent, the light does come through, not like a solid and the purple on it stays kinda purple with the light through it

Pretty sure I've got you IDed on this one. I'm getting a bit sleepy though..LOL

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2022   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service