On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

This is my first post, so I hope I am asking in the correct forum. I am unpacking boxes long forgotten and came across the pictured condiment set. It is marked on the bottom "The Kinode" in red and a green "Japan" I believe one of my Mother's brothers brought it back to US after WWII. Can anyone enlighten me about it? Or suggest a website for research? Thank you!

Views: 162

Replies to This Discussion

Are you sure it doesn't say "The Hinode?"  The Hinode was a department store in Japan.  I don't know if it's still in business as a store, but I've seen Hinode rice here in Oregon.


Carole Bess White


Well DUH!! It does say Hinode! I will do some more research. I have previously found plates (dinnerware) when I searched but nothing like this. I am just wondering if it is worth finding a niche for it or if it should go into the donation pile! Thanks for your guidance on this.



This style is called "dragonware". search for that term on ebay and you will find lots of examples.


Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2022   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service