On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I love Hilda! A red-headed, vibrant pin-up girl for forty plus years by artist Duane Bryers, she began her debut in 1957. Each painting is unique...Hilda is so full of life and her ribs are not sticking out. :) She starred in advertising calendars of all sizes and shapes. Making a perfect collectible.

Toile Girls

There are other Hilda advertising collectibles from water glasses to playing cards. But, the calendars were the main-stay for 47 years!

Feel free to add any "Hilda" collecting tid-bits or other vintage advertising calendars.

Views: 4716

Replies to This Discussion

Love Hilda any season! But, these pumpkin scenes are the best. Vintage Hilda Pin-up Girl

Vintage pin-up girl, Hilda...getting in some exercise! Love this character from the past...

Peanut on the Table

I wondered how winter would mix with vintage calendar pin-up girl, Hilda! This is how...

Did you know that Duane Bryers painted over 250 scenes of the sexy Hilda?

Hilda Gallery

During the Christmas season, many businesses distributed advertising calendars for the new year. Many still do. Here's a 1940 Calendar with a message: "May Holiday Cheer be Yours Throughout the Year."

Vintage 1940s Advertising Holiday Christmas Calendar Brooklyn NY Pa...

In honor of the first day of spring...HILDA, by Duane Byers.

It's not quite spring but it is close to Easter! Celebrate with vintage Hilda. :)

One of Duane Bryers' incredible Hilda paintings done specifically for Bigelow & Brown's Hilda calendars. These were illustrated between 1957 and 1970 although Mr. Bryers continued to do original paintings for the calendars until the early 1980s. These were all primarilly rendered in watercolor employing the service of a number of "plus-size" models, but more often than not, he used only his imagination of "Hilda."

Pinup Girls

I need a HILDA Calendar for 2016! Wouldn't that be fun to have a reproduction vintage calendar??

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service