On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

China cabinet- would like to get an estimate on value (and any additional info)

Hello! I purchased this china cabinet about 5 years ago in a small shop in North Carolina. We moved to Texas about 4 years ago, and ended up spending a lot of money to have this piece shipped to our new home. We're now re-doing my office with new floors, paint, etc- and the wife says the cabinet won't match so I have to get rid of it. Happy wife, happy life!

So before I reach out to anyone in my community who might be interested in buying it (assuming there is interest), I'd love to get some expert's thoughts on what it is, what era it's from, who could have made it, and what I should expect to receive for it.

From what I vaguely remember from the person I purchased it from (and I do mean vague), she said that she thought it was from the 1800's, quarter sawn oak, and maybe even fumed oak if that makes sense? I recall that the carving at the top of it could help identify the era but I could be wrong. We looked all over this piece for any type of marking that would be an indicator on who made the piece, but we were not able to find anything. I would say it's in extremely good condition with very few scratches.

Any insight is certainly appreciated!

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Additional pictures.

Attachments:

This is a beautiful cabinet. I did look at sold cabinets with ornate carving as this piece has and they sold for over $3,000.  

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2022   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service