On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

What is it? It's a Hay Hook

Hay Hook

Here is a real nice old Collectible Farm Tool, uses may include Hay, Straw, Meat, Ice etc. etc. The hook is 8" long and the handle is 5 3/4" wide. The metal hook appears to have pounding marks that may have come from the blacksmith or person who shaped it. I have no idea how old it is.These are the types of items we sell at Holly Hill Anriiques. We have several kinds of these and if you are interested we can send you a picture. If you need one of these send us an email and we will see if we can help.

Views: 39


You need to be a member of I Antique Online to add comments!

Join I Antique Online

Comment by tomsantiquesetcetera on January 18, 2009 at 11:40pm
That's a hayhook. Short, sharp end allows one to snatch a bale of hay, drag a short distance if needed and to pick it up to put onto the hay wagon. If the sharp end were longer you would have trouble removing it from the bale of hay. When I was a teenager I spent many hours buckin hay for local farmers. Hard to judge age as the new ones look just like that after a couple seasons of use. I'd guess a value of $6-10.00. I am not an appraiser.

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2023   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service