TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM
A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art
Little Sylvia liked to put her hand over the water and watch how her shadow sent the fish swimming willy-nilly though the lily pond near the Phipps Conservatory at Schenley Park. This vintage image of the Lily Pond (now the northern Aquatic Garden) and Phipps Conservatory at the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania park dates back to 1920. The sculpture at the left is Neptune, a gift to Henry Phipps after the elaborate green house opened in 1893. The red-roofed brick building is the Phipps Hall of Botany. This Ranson postcard published by Robbins & Son, Pittsburgh, PA.bears the slogan "Pittsburgh Promotes Progress" on the reverse side.