On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

what kind /type of glass is this? it is Tuthill glass, but what used for?

1 1/2 inch high, 2 1/2 across top

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

3rd photo, kinda shows etched name, TUTHILL

Looks like a Sherbet. That is what I'd call the shape. Not sure who made it, but it looks like crystal? 

Tuthill American Brilliant Period Antique Cut Glass

Very Nice indeed! Congrats! It's getting harder to find old brilliant pieces these days. Tuthill is a new name for me, I hadn't heard of them before. All Good News!

can't believe the prices Tuthill goes for!

Well, Honestly any signed Brilliant period glass goes for quite a bit. It's the unsigned pieces that are much more difficult to authenticate and to then sell. Signed is ideal! :)


Judging from the size, could it be a master salt dip?

I was wondering salt dip also

It could also be a finger bowl. (A bowl of water used for washing your fingers with after the final course.)

so fancy, I've never used one, I know of....interesting

Not Tuthill but salt dip that is pedestal style.



Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service