TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Can anyone tell me what this small chair is called so that I can do research on it? I've looked up children's chairs, etc. Nothing that resembles this. It isn't a high chair since there is nowhere to attach a tray. It measures from seat to floor 23", from the top of the chair to the floor is 36" and the seat is 11" wide. It says nothing underneath.Thanks in advance.

Views: 69

Replies to This Discussion

I think it could still be a high chair, just used to push up to the "big people's table"...or it could be for smaller kids at larger desks.

Would it be old or newer? Thanks

Uncomfortable is what most call it.

A windsor style or spindle back bar-chair.

There's no way an adult behind could fit on that small seat so it's not a bar chair. It also has that little foot rest 6" below the seat. I will check windsor though. Thanks

!970's from the look of it, and if it is small, it was prolly made for kids to sit at a "Snack bar" or higher table. 

Thanks for your help.

Look on and under the arms for signs of wear. I suspect a clamp-on type tray was used. Chair has been refinished and decorated.  Foot rest is for a child. It is obviously a high chair.

Unknown what "Present" stands for.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service