TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

could anyone through any light as to the age of this glass please it has a pontil mark on the bottom

thank you

Views: 125

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

https://scottishantiques.com/victorian/drinking-glasses?product_id=.... The glass is approximately 7inches high by 2 inches. The problem I had with this is that I don’t have the glass, I am an avid collector and this is becoming more of a hobby and hopefully a business as I am unable to work at the moment due to my brush with cancer. My mother has the glass (she picks things up for me at goodwill she thinks I will be interested in) but she is in America and I am in England. I have given her instruction with regards to the photo etc. You will have to excuse my lack of information initially.Absinthe is one I had not considered, I don’t think it is made with hallucinogenic properties these days. Made Van Gogh chop he’s ear of didn’t it?

Attachments:

The closest in etched pattern I've found to yours can be found on several Georgian 18th Century Engraved Folded Foot Gin/Port Glasses c1730.  "Bow and swags" or "Swags and Garlands" engraving.

I'm not sure if yours could be of this era or simply be a copy of the design.

Pair of Georgian 18th Century Engraved Folded Foot Port Glasses c1730

Another Example

Good example Molly!!!

This is not some other example, it is the OP glass in the second photo. So it is another view of the same glass that is being asked about in this thread.

Thank you,

But I cannot take credit for this.  I believe this is Rochelle's glass after taking some of the advice on how to present it more effectively for us to assist her.  :)

The best way to access old glassware is to look at the foot, so you would need additional pics. My sense is that the sides are too straight and thick, so it is not hand-blown. The decoration also does not look very early to me. My guess would be about mid 20th century, though closeup pics of the foot and sides could push that back as far as late 19th century Victorian/Edwardian.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service