On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hello, 

In advance, I'd like to thank you for allowing me to join your group and for any possible assistance you might give me in further identifying this object.  I've attached photos of the front (with ruler), back, bottom, and close-up of the faces.  As can be seen, there is no mark on the piece.

If any further information is needed, please let me know.

ST-front.jpg

ST-Back.jpg

ST-bottom.jpg

ST-close.jpg

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Misty, Yes, I do believe your "Cow with Cat" figural group would fall under "Staffordshire", but I do think it's a much later example of them. Most animal groupings I've seen are on a different sort of base, and the back sides are left plain, because most were to be set upon a mantle or other shelf, with only fronts showing. And the animals are usually shown in a more "serious" setting. ( this is an lol, because all of them are sort of funny/Whimsical to me). Almost all old staffy stuff is unmarked as well, so I wouldn't expect to see any type of stamp or marking. 

If you goggle around a bit, try an image search for "Later Staffordshire figural group, Cow" see what you find, and you might try the same search using "cat". Etc. 

Sadly, most of the old Staffordshire figurines have dropped tremendously in price. Most of the old, originals seldom go for more than $200 these days. However, you've got a really cute grouping there, so that's gotta help. Keep us posted if your able to find more. Good Luck!

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service