TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

A good friend of mine found this exquisite silver colored metal bracelet in a thrift store being sold very inexpensively.  I've collected many types of vintage Sterling Silver necklaces, rings and bracelets over the years and most all of them at a minimum have the words Sterling or "925" which give evidence that they are truly Sterling Silver.  This one has only the maker's mark "JM" which I believe indicates that it was made by the Navajo artisan James Mason.  I found only a few other Silver bracelets made by this artist and am now curious whether this is indeed Sterling and if so why it wasn't marked as such.  I purchased this from my friend and will likely not sell it but would be interested to learn whether this is indeed Sterling Silver.  I paid her 4 times the amount that she paid for this to reward her for her kindness in parting with it.

Views: 194

Replies to This Discussion

As you might be able to see this cuff has a wealth of detail in the many designs which the artist included on it.  I also love the color of the turquoise and I was lucky that my friend had found this at that estate sale.  I've basically stopped going to thrift stores and when I do go am much more picky about what I purchase.  

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service