TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

A good friend of mine found this exquisite silver colored metal bracelet in a thrift store being sold very inexpensively.  I've collected many types of vintage Sterling Silver necklaces, rings and bracelets over the years and most all of them at a minimum have the words Sterling or "925" which give evidence that they are truly Sterling Silver.  This one has only the maker's mark "JM" which I believe indicates that it was made by the Navajo artisan James Mason.  I found only a few other Silver bracelets made by this artist and am now curious whether this is indeed Sterling and if so why it wasn't marked as such.  I'm likely going to purchase this from my friend and will likely not sell it but would be interested to learn whether this is indeed Sterling Silver.

Views: 136

Replies to This Discussion

As you might be able to see this cuff has a wealth of detail in the many designs which the artist included on it.  I also love the color of the turquoise and I was lucky that my friend had found this at that estate sale.  I've basically stopped going to thrift stores and when I do go am much more picky about what I purchase.  

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service