On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Dear All, was recently gifted these silver and enamel souvenir spoons by my son's violin teacher. Her great grandfather toured America and Europe in the 1930s (great postcard collection too) and picked these up. I particularly like the Egyptian revival gilt silver and enamel spoon inspired by Carter's recent activities. Marked at the top. Bw, Peter 

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Peter, Very nice collection you have there. Are they sterling silver or plate? That is all that matters to value these days, unfortunately. The plate one's go for a few dollars each, at most. The sterling ones are still very sought after, and prices vary, depending on place and artistic rendering.

Check ebay or etsy for current prices.

Hello Vicki, 

All of them are sterling silver (one is continental marks 800), except the one for London on the extreme right. Places: Moscow, Canada (Niagra Falls), New York: Empire State Building, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Windsor, Egyptian Revival (early 1930s), and Dresden (Germany). 

All from the early 1930s with enamel in perfect condition. 

Thanks for your interest. 

Best wishes, Peter 

Wow! Sounds lovely! So you already know what you have, I take it, LOL. Were you just sharing with us? They are very nice, and I think, now knowing the silver content, will only go up in value over time! 

The workmanship from the early to mid 20th c. is far superior to today's silver spoons. So Congrats on your wonderful inheritance! :)

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service