TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I bought this collection of sea shells today for ten bucks. Im guessing at one point they were somebodys personal collection because of how they were bagged seperately and they do not look like what you would get if you just bought a bag of random shells. Anybody know anything about them? ive tried to do some research but haven't really gained much insight.

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

Can we have some pictures of them or are we supposed to guess what they look like?

To post pics use the 2nd icon above--mouse over, "image".

There are some rare shells but most collections are obtained by the tourist and are personal to him or her, only as reminders of their beach vacation.

Pictures would help.

In the meantime check out these collections to help identify what you have and their worth.

https://www.google.com/search?q=seashell+collections+for+sale&c...

Also, check Ebay 'sold' for shells and identify which ones you have. I bought one box a while back from a huge collection from a late marine biologist, all superb examples with labels. One went for 129.-a Brazillian conch.

Hello Ryan

I grew up in a beach side community and have a vast array of sea life knowledge, but can't impart much without imagery.

If you are experiencing difficulties trying to post any imagery, try instead some additional online research.

www.seashell-collector.com

www.seashells.org

Sea Shell Identification Images

Let us know if these links help, or if further assistance may be required, we'll see what we can do.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service