TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hello All,

My name is Kyle and I new to "Treasuring Hunting" and having trouble finding accurate information on some of the items I come across.  With this particular find I have been unsuccessful finding any information on the item.   

I believe it to be 

Porcelain from the translucent/Opaqueness of the materials and the "ring" heard from a soft strike on the figure. 

ew dollars 

When I came across the item it seemed as I had seen it before and it only being a few dollars, but may only seem familiar because of it slight similarity to the Hall Parrots.  

If anyone could point me in the right direction to general Glassware information resources or is able to identify the item it would greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Views: 44

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Small miniature porcelain ceramic figurine of a puppy dog laying down with its head on its front paws. The figurine has a gloss glaze finish and is white with blue and brown accent decoration. Marked Japan on bottom. Manufacturer unknown. #Vintage #Figurine #Dog #Japan

Small miniature porcelain ceramic figurine of a puppy dog laying down with its head on its front paws. The figurine has a gloss glaze finish and is white with blue and brown accent decoration. Marked Japan on bottom. Manufacturer unknown.

Personally, I think this is part of your bird's family.

This little guy sold on ebay for $7.50

Hey Kyle,

What did the gold label say?  It looks like you removed it for the last picture.  This could go a long way to helping you figure this out.

it said  "Overseas United Made it China" it appeared someone placed the sticker over the pontil mark...  I could be mistaken but after many searches through various search engines I couldn't find any relationship between the sticker and the item itself.

Why did you take the label off? Looks like a Lefton label. They manufacture in Japan.

The sticker is not original to the piece, the luster, color, and creases made it obvious after a focused examination

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service