TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Form my uncle's estate.

The pocket watch is a wind-up LeGant, which was a brand name of Montgomery Wards. It has a goldtone hunter-style case with a locomotive motif on front and back. The inside face also depicts a vintage locomotive. It works intermittently.

The Bulova watch is a wind-up and it works if wound every day. I assume it's a man's watch, but is on the small side (case is just over an inch in diameter), yet looks too large to be a ladies watch. It has a silvertone flex band which I am willing to bet is not the original one.

I took these to the local jeweler hoping I could sell them (he's the only jeweler in town). He asked what I wanted and I said $25 each. He said they were only good for "parts" and offered me $5 for both. Of course, I kept them for now. Is $25 for each too high to ask, or is was his offer generous under the circumstances?

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Image result for lE gANT RAILROAD TRAIN gOLD tONE POCKET wATCHThis one was selling for $14, so....

This one is on Etsy for $89...with the different band.

I'm sorry to say I think the jeweler was probably correct that these are not watches that could be resold. They look as though they were inexpensive models to begin with. The watch on Etsy is way overpriced. If they have no sentimental value to you, I would take the $5 for each.

Etsy is always way overpriced...so it seems.   Hope we helped, anyway.

Thanks for your input Molly & Jeremy. I find a problem with places like eBay and Etsy, the prices are usually all over the place. Although the seller there offered the date as 1951 which was helpful.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service