On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi there, I am looking for any information about this old redware? vase with an applied flower. It stands 10" tall and is approx 6" in diameter.

Any information related to the possible age, culture, possible value etc. is greatly appreciated. As well as any links to additional research.

Views: 151

Replies to This Discussion

It looks like ancient Indian (India) terra cotta unglazed pottery. Hard to date, estimate 100 to 5,000 years old.

Thank you tom for your comments. This description gives me and additional angle for research.

It looks new or newish. That flower decoration is not traditional Indian. Similar new rustic ware seen at TJMax, etc.

Thank you Jeff for your comment as well, however it's really got some age on it.

The flower design is really unusual and almost looks modern in it's design, but the overall item does seem to be older.  I looked up Fakes, frogeries, reproductions...but none of the redware really had that aged look to it, that may only come with age!  Still pondering...

Form is not traditional. Decoration is not traditional. Way too thick and heavy to be usable.

Surface patina is easy to add. It isn't a fake or reproduction, because there is no old pottery that looks like this.

It is simply a newer piece made cheaply. That is my opinion, of course, and may be wrong. But I don't see evidence of age.

Thanks Jeff.

Antique Small Stoneware Jug, Continental, 18th Century, angle view

Very Small Stoneware Jug, Ovoid with Handle
Continental, 18th century - SOLD

Thank you also Molly.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service