TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi, could really use some help . I obtained an old grandfather clock and have no idea of its age, value, time period. I wo8ld greatly appreciate an7 heop from pictures . I haven't got it here yet so haven't any info on any marks brands etc.. which I will get when 9 pick up. It looks very old in my humble opinion. Weights seem larger then what I've seen in past. Greatly appreciate any help you can give . Has a face of a big beautiful moon on face This post only allows 3 pictures so couldn't send more but if there is a 3ay I'll send what I have John

Views: 169

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

More pictures
Attachments:

I still feel the wood is maple not pine. Please get us the information and we can help 

Hi Fred I took some close up of the mechanics of the clock .i was not able to see any markings . The owner told it is cherry it was her great grandfathers . I'm going to send more pictures this only allows 3 I believe .. I think it will help. I also was able to remove top and other parts. Anxious for you thoughts. Thanks , john
Attachments:

It is a typical English or American movement of late 18th/early 19th century. The movement itself is not likely to have a name on it. However, as I mentioned previously, the false plate probably will. Accessing it required removing the dial. The information you would obtain from that might help to date the clock a little more closely and indicate whether the dial and likely the movement are English. They probably are, and the case is probably American.

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service