TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Views: 76

Replies to This Discussion

The beehive mark is that of Royal Vienna. It has no arrows or other marks.  Yours is not Royal Vienna and although it was made in Austria the mark is unknown. I would guess that it's a copy or knock-off with minimal value.

Thank you Molly, I got 2 in a box of stuff , a woman was selling from her mothers estate, whole box of stuff $10. I will post dishes , with same mark on back soon

When I opened Molly's link the Title in the heading reads:

Lot# 1001 A Royal Vienna-style porcelain chocolate set

While the mark is the same as yours IT IS NOT "Royal Vienna" as I stated, it is in the "style" of Royal Vienna, which is double talk for fake.

Telemach auf der Ynsel Calipso is the pattern name. It is German and translates to "Telemach on the Island Calipso", or "Telemachus on the Island Calypso".   This refers to Greek mythology according to Homer's Odyssey of the god Telemachus defending his mother? or sister? Calypso.

Although fake, the hammer price was $2,160 whereas it was pre-appraised for $800-1200.  Both the linked set and your plates are very pretty and I would've paid $10. too.

Thank you Tom

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service