I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Looking for some information on what I think is a bayonet please ...

Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you for letting me join this group. I run a removals and clearance company with my partner, and during a loft clearance, we just found a truck containing amongst other things, this item. I believe it to be a bayonet, but know nothing more about it and was hoping someone clever and knowledgable on here might be able to help me.

I have attached photos and can try to answer any other questions you might have. It measures 22.5" from tip to tip when in its sheath/cover - the cover is rusty and aged looking but the blade itself seems to be in OK condition? I don't know how these things are measured, but it isn't rusty. There is a mark on it near the handle which I have also photographed and I think it says 1907?

If anyone can shed any more light on this, I would be so grateful.

Thank you for your time

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Can I barely see the outline of a hole on the hilt? It fits over the rifle barrel. Date looks like 1901 or 1907. Your pic of the writing is angled and shaded; need a straight-on-shot with better (no flash) lighting.

another link, to eBay.

Fits a Lee-Enfield .303 cal rifle, used in WW I.

No added Pics are needed.

Thank you, that is so helpful. I really appreciate your time.

What you have is a British Model 1907 Bayonet. Here is a link that will hopefully help you identify your particular maker

Nice find!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time and will get looking through this link.

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service