On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Found this in a box with some 1940s drawer handles, lightbulbs, hinges and various hardware type things.

Does anyone recognize this as anything or was someone just dabbling in glassblowing?


Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

Hi again! It is probably a glass counter from the late 1800s. Workers at glass factories used to use glass rings as counters to keep track of their output.

Fascinating! Can you recommend a source where I can read about this? I love studying turn of the century industry! I've studied the coal mining industry and the slaughthouses of the midwest. Both quite gruesome. I'd much rather read about glassmaking.


Here is a link to more of these glass items you have there. An antique glass insulator.

In the image I linked to, the smaller round item attached at the top is the knob (Small cylindrical insulator used to secure house wiring or the cylindrical member projecting out from the insulator body for tying the line wire.), missing from yours.


Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service