TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

This is a thrift store find. It is all metal, measures 3 inches by 4 1/2 inches, and has a riveted hole in the bottom of the cart. The wheels will turn but I don't think they were really meant to roll. Can anyone tell me about this item?

Views: 94

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

i think you are right by the by

Hi Sharon

With something so easy to use for many different purposes, it is easy to lose sight of it's original intended purpose, assuming it had a specific purpose in the first place.

Many things are made with the intent they can be used for a wide variety of things.  For example, cardboard boxes, some food containers, certain pieces of furniture boxes etc...  all of these could be made to suit a specific item only, but they can also be made to be usable for virtually anything that fits within them.

As such, Etsy are selling the same Cart item as yours.  Click on Etsy to see it.

They refer to it as a Trinket Holder/Candy Dish/Desk Accessory/Change Holder

That's it! ☺

Maybe for a deck of cards?  Would cigs fit into it?

If Sharon's item is the same as the one I found on Etsy, it would be made of metal, brass and enamel - black and gold, measuring approx. 4½" x 2¾" x 2½" tall.

Thanks everyone who took time to help ☺

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service