On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hello All, I recently found 3 large gauges in wooden boxes, one paint grey with USN on the outside.  The gauge is 10" across and made by Crosby.  The high pressure value and large wing nut must have made this gauge for some very specific use.  Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Views: 119

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

YOUR TURN.  Google" US Patent 736975 Assignee Crosby, (Enter).  When they open click "Images".  If you find something noteworthy use Copy/Paste.

I checked 737159 and found some non-essential info that has no bearing on your gauge.

Often inventions contain several minor inventions worthy of patents.

none of the images seem to correlate. the # on the gauge face must not have anything to do with a patent if all three are different on the same type of gauges ????? the whole configuration had one very specific use which is the mystery.  Thanks Tom!

I see your point but the USN was only one customer who used the gauge.  Other users of the same gauge, perhaps a railroad or steamship, utility or manufacturer might have other  issues that required added inventions (& pat.nos.).

To determine the exact use would require contacting the USN and it (the use) could be Classified or Secret and not available except on a "need to know" basis.

For resell it is an antique (2-02-1900), high pressure (5,000 psi) gauge. Said to have been used by the U.S.Navy.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service