On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I picked up this round carved "tabletop" that has 3 carved out circles for legs. I don't have the legs.  What I am trying to find out is what to call this to be able to find out what kind of legs it had. What would you call the design on it? 25 1/2" diameter. Thanks for any help.

Views: 50

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

The first image does not open properly...for me, anyway.  I would like to see the whole design.

Based on the diameter, I would say it is a wooden round side accent table.  The legs usually being pretty simple and straight.  I would still like to see the pattern on top.  It reminds me of a ceiling rose, or ceiling medallion, sort of...from what I can see in the second image.

Molly..I have tried everything. When I load a picture it is so big you can't make it out. I change the pixels and it won't center the picture and you don't see it all. I have never had this trouble before. Sorry and thanks for your help anyway.

The carving looks like it is supposed to be from a far-away place, but was likely made with a tourist market in mind. Some similar items come up if you search Polynesian furniture. Or, you could search Anglo-Indian furniture, but most Indian pieces seem to have more minute detail. I would suspect the legs were probably turned, then carved with a motif similar to the table top. The table gives off a 1950s-70s vibe to me.

Thank you. I will check it out.

wood looks like red cedar which is very soft and easily carved. The "medallion pattern" was probably carved using a computer or laser guided tool. Hitachi makes tools like that. Circa 1990s-now.

Straight legs or angled, including the metal connectors, screws, etc.  can be purchased at retail lumber stores, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Easy to install. Because the wood is soft I would cut some stronger wood (oak, ash, pine, et al) and glue/screw it to the table, then install the hardware to it.

I had no trouble opening your links.

Thanks Tom. I will do as you suggest and get those metal connectors.

Look over these screw on legs to get an idea what's available. https://www.google.com/search?q=screw-on+legs+for+furniture&cli...

Thanks Tom. There sure is a lot to choose from.

Ah...I see it now.  It worked for me today?  

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service