On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

These dangle earrings are from the 1970s.  There is a mark on the back that I have not seen before.  Native American maybe? If anyone recognizes it, or knows of a database where I might find it, I'd be very grateful!

Views: 44

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi JoAnne, These are definitely not Native American earrings. I'm not sure they are from the 1970's either, what is the history of them, or how did you come to that conclusion?

Based on looks alone, I'd guess them to be 1980's or early 1990's. I've not seen that mark before, and I've been selling, (cleaning, repairing, and researching) jewelry for about 20 years. It's not one of the better vintage makers marks. That, I can be fairly certain of.  However, in the 1980's there were some interesting start-ups companies, often made in USA, or in Europe and some were of decent quality to. Yours appear to be a heavier base metal with a red enameling on the top side. 

Have you tried a basic goggle image search? Try something like "ID earrings mark, cross and circles, enameled drop earrings" or "ID jewelry makers markings, enamel, 1980's" and hit the "images" button. You might get lucky and find your maker. It might be an obscure company that didn't produce a great deal, but was a quality maker, or that maker might have been bought out by another larger company. It's not easy to find jewelry makers markings, but with patience, it's quite possible you'll find either a similar marking, or a similar pair of earrings which may lead you to a maker. Good Luck to you!

Hi Vicki...

Thanks so much for your response.  I know they are 1970s vintage because the woman who owned them told me when she bought them. I have done the Google image search and it hasn't brought anything up.  I'll keep trying. Thanks again!

Jo Anne

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2022   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service