TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Howdy all,

Found this pretty porcelain pitcher but have hit a dead end in my attempts at figuring out the maker. Any help identifying the mark would be much appreciated. 

Views: 61

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jesse,

You've got a piece of "Je-Oh China" Nippon made by Nagoya Seito. The mark dates between 1891-1921. The company later became Meito China.

Thanks a ton LB.  I was reading it as John or Johin. Started bagging my head against the walls. You bring me much relief. Thank you.

Very Nice Pitcher !!! Well done, LB...-----Charlie

Although this has been identified by LB, I'd like to see a picture of the top, looking into the vessel. None of your pictures show it.  Reason being is that most of these vessels came with 6 tumblers with handles and the pitcher had an ice shield (prevents ice from going into tumbler) and Lids.  Yours apparently doesn't. Possibly they are broken and (obviously) missing which devalues your pitcher. Ice shields were not used until ice became available as a result of electric refrigeration.

Note, Mark is printed in English which means this was exported to an English speaking country. The word beneath "Hand Painted" is "NIPPON".

Hi Jesse

I've included a link to a similar one selling on eBay for US$95 showing a more complete version of your stamp below so you can see it as it appears whole.

LB is correct, it is a Japanese company selling china.

Tom is correct in that there usually is a shield inside near the spout, see my image at the bottom as example.

www.ebay.com

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service