TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I picked this up for a song yesterday, other than thinking its probably French and that the top is maple and it should be one of a pair I know don't have a clue. It's about 1m tall by 96cm wide and 60cm deep. The columns and feet appear to be carved from a solid piece of wood rather than applied carving and the back panel is solid wood as opposed to ply. It needs a little conservation/restoration (loose joints need clamping and glueing some French polishing etc) but other than that its good. The joinery certainly seems to be quality, any information would be much appreciated.

Views: 94

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

"The best I ever had"

About Pete's relationship with God, so he said.

What thoughts do you all have regarding whether this was originally one of a pair? One thing all the buffets credenzas etc seem to have in common is symmetry.

Hard to say sans photos but it may have been in one corner and one in another.  We would occasionally find asymmetrical pieces like this on our French forays, hard to sell though but our price was right.

20th century versions of complete 7'-9' wide buffets usually unbolted in 3-4 sections for transport which is what your reminded me of.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service