TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi

Wife found this at a boot fair the other day and trying to get some info on it. If I had to guess I would say it's an incense ball holder but there isn't a gimble? Balancing thing inside nor can I see marks on it that would show there once was one. Sadly absolutely zero makers marks or anything so if any kind soul here could shed some light as to what it is and how old then that would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Brent

Views: 84

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Size?

Not enough holes for a censer, large tea infuser? It it's French and a mystery, think cooking 1st.

Turns out you were on the money with French and cooking. Apparently it is a French rice cooking ball from Circa 1910 and can be used for infusing tea and or herbs in stews too. So thank you for the pointers.. Case closed....at least until I post the plate she got too :)

Yep sorry should have mentioned the size of it.

12 centimetres in diameter.

Wouldn't that be large for an infuser?

Brent

Is the method of closing "secure"?  If it is, given its size, might it have been used as a herbs/spice infuser in a commercial setting?

And a good source of heavy metal poisoning...!

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service