TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I picked up a nice lot of beer steins today.   One of them has a crest

that I can't find anything on.   I believe it's German or Bavarian.

Can anyone identify? 

Views: 84

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

http://api.ning.com/files/rFeBd1QvlN2o9WDo8S-RmRgRJMWV6Yy*4yi2E9TtCY3gfD3jm1CKhPQMzwbXGdvv9TpiEWO4Kf6HBED9r9U6UM1ihwehwaa3/crest.jpgLion Passant is normally associated with United Kingdom. I found the same lion in Scotland.  Being on a beer stein the picture could be an artist's interpretation. Many steins are made in Germany and exported world  wide.

Actually, I would say it is a griffin, given the wings and eagle head.  Other than that, I would agree with Tom in that it could just be an artist's interpretation.  I too haven't seen that specific crest/emblem before, I had a bit of a search online as well, but found nothing with this exact design and colours.  

Griffin's appear in many state, town and family crests in many countries.

I believe Michael is correct; it is a Griffin.  Weird, I've never heard of this animal until Michael's post. 

Now THAT is a shock.  Isn't it strange how you keep learning about things even when you thought you were fairly well-versed in a topic?  We all (hopefully) learn something new every day.  That is very interesting.  Thanks for sharing

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service