On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Found at a Goodwill, the plate was damaged and has been glued back together. Spoke with art teacher who states it can be restored. On the back it has the Royal Doulton Burslem England 1891 mark, also impressed another mark and numbers. Measures 9 1/4"X 9 1/4"

Views: 40

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see a question.

Ebay shows a same size, different scene, asking$15.00 USD. To restore (?) your plate I'd guess $150-$250.cost. Would then (after restoration) be worth $1.50 or less. When you advertise and say it was broken/repaired nobody will buy it.

If you love it and just have to have it, then do whatever you want.

On the other hand if it's RARE and worth a lot of money, do not repair it. Let the buyer do the work.

In lieu of a $50. appraisal fee a friend of my ex-wife gave me a broken (like yours) plate for payment. I was unable to ID it but told her there was a reference book in the local library that could ID it. She and my wife thought it was funny to cheat me out of my fee...the next day I took it to the library and looked up the mark. It was made in 1832 and was listed as the first bread plate ever made ("Give us our daily bread...") and valued at $3,000. I made a photo-copy of the page and sold it (as is) to a local antique dealer for $750.00! 

Thanks Tom and congratulations on your overpayment. I will place my plate in the trash it was purchased it for less than a dollar with my senior discount. 

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service