TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Greetings All,

I picked up up this cool piece of cast iron today. Initially I had thought boot scraper for sure since there were bolt holes in the prongs coming off the bottom backside and the top stuck up. I then got to thinking that I had never seen a boot scraper like this with a rounded top. 

I have tried, without success, to find the model number that precedes pat app for on the piece.

any ideas on what this is and who made it?

thanks,

john

Views: 104

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Here are two more pics.

Attachments:

About 10.5 by 6.5 inches and weighs 3.5 pounds. The motif of the person looks shamanist or Indian / Central American. Vestiges of original paint around the edges of rust kind of a light green, also looks like a green over paint that is more like a 70s Aqua. Not sure why it would have been painted if it was a boot scraper.

I will guess a hand hold of some sort. Not a handle for carrying something. The seats on an old train come to mind where the seat backs flipped to reverse the seats. Interesting.

This was just something I found to say, it could have a rounded top...if the rest was functional in it's intended purpose as a boot scrape.  ;)

Thanks! The idea of a handle got me thinking that it could be an ornate step. The side with the prongs is not really rusty but the “top” or “front” and “bottom” are rusty. So I had thought that the less rusty side was facing a building but it could have been on a car or buggy or House I guess...

Looks like an old Apartment sized Victorian fireplace back bumper, missing the grate and front parts of it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fireplace+grate+cast+iron+bumper&am...

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service