I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi, 
Does anyone know what this is?  Its hexagon shaped, kind of heavy, looks to be made out of some kind of glazed clay, there is an indentation in middle of top and then around that are 6 holes (for pencils maybe?)  There is a mark on front bottom that reads MADE IN SPAIN and the symbols N: and the # 3 inside a small hexagon and the # 108, and above that a few more symbols that I can't tell (see photos).
Thanks!
Rietta

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tags: ceramic

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Its an ink pot. The center was used to hold the ink and the holes held the quill pens. This is a modern reproduction from one of the many potteries that exist in Talavera, Spain, which for centuries has been famous for its majolica.

Walter Del Pellegrino

Hi Walter, thank you SO much for the info on what this is. I just saw something on ebay today with the exact markings as mine that says its an original circa 1900 and they're asking $5500! What is it that tells you mine is a repro? Thanks again!
Rietta
First clue - "Made in Spain" in English. Secondly I've seen several of these in the past. The one you saw on ebay is probably also a reproduction.
Great info, thanks again. How modern would you say mine is? 50's? 60's? My dad had this on his desk for as long as I can remember.
Rietta

As early as mid 1945

Walter

RSS

Pin on Pinterest

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Disclaimer & Terms of Use

"I Antique Online" does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any questions, answers or other posted information on any part of www.iantiqueonline.com
Full Disclaimer

Full Terms of Use

© 2014   Created by C. Dianne Zweig and Scott Liscomb

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service