TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hello,

The first photo is of Italian Mugs. I couldn't identify this marking.

The second photo is of a concentric bowl. Due to its beauty in craftsmanship, I wasn't sure if it is a professional marking or just a personal project and inscription.

Thanks so much!!!

Nicole

Views: 83

Replies to This Discussion

SM Italy could be the San Marco Ceramics company, been around since 1895 and could have used that as their mark, but I don't know much about the history of their marks.

Thanks so much Michael for your time in this. I could only find one other image of it online but they just said it had an SM mark and didn't identify the designer.  The San Marco marks I could find look different. Thanks again!

Yes, I myself found only three other examples online, after a quick search.  Every example shown merely mentioned SM as being a mark present on the piece.  None even went so far as to say SM were the makers, and certainly none went into further details.

The next closest objects with SM on them were the San Marco Ceramics company, since they had been around for so long, it is possible they have changed their makr over as so many other have done, yet I couldn't tell for certain as I couldn't find out much about them either.

The Deruta mugs look just like the graphics of mine but all the markings I can find for those similar mugs spell out the word Deruta as its marking. Nothing close to mine. 

Thanks again so much for your research.

Good Evening Michael,

So as it turns out, tonight I found this gorgeous Italian bowl and when I turned it over guess what I found? Yes, the exact same mark. Yet this time it had the name beneath it. It is Sambuco Mario Deruta!!!  Mystery solved.

Thanks Again!!!

Nicole

Ooooooo you beat me to it, I saw this image online during my lunch at work, purely coincidentally looking up images for a client.  Found it on Pinterest here stating 'Sambuco Mario' After a brief quick google saw it matched your Deruta.

I've no idea about the B Lightning Bolt B mark. I think the number is 10/89 or 15/89.

Thanks for your reply for this too. Yes, 10/89 must be the date and it could have been a pottery creation for an individual but the bowl looked so well done I thought it might be professionally done.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service