TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I think I posted this is in the wrong place yesterday.  I found 6 "Corona" Beer coasters. with storage case.  They appear to be Stoneware/clay or maybe ceramic.....not sure There is sight damage to the case and this item measures 3-1/4" across

I'm wondering if anyone knows how old and what the value might be.

Thank you

Views: 91

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I must say I had no idea that Corona had been around since the late 1920s!?  I looked around but there was not a "stoneware" set of coasters to be found.  Everything was paper, plastic or rubber.  Because they have the resorts listed on them, I wonder if it was just a limited promotional thing for these places?  

The beer is Corona Extra. This beer came to the USA in 1981. It is bottled by Modelo Grupo of Mexico that has sold beer in the USA since 1926.

It's difficult to say what the coasters are made of.  I'd guess some type of resin.

Old Etsy ad, can't find listing. States "hand made clay or terra-cotta", 6 coasters plus holder, coasters are 6.5 inches diameter.

This would indicate it was made in Mexico, when is unknown. That it is written in English indicates it was made for export to the USA. Places on the coasters are famous Mexican vacation places, i.e., Cancun.

Image result for "Corona Extra" drink coaster ceramic holder

Are you sure the coasters are 6.5"??  Mine measure approx. 3.5".  Do you think there are two different sets?

You can see one of the coasters in the picture. Compared to yours in your pic it appears to be twice as large apprx. The large size is probably for big beer mugs or steins and yours are for bottles or pilsners. Quite possible that there are other sizes too. The resort of "Tulum" is shown on some of, but not all of your coasters. You have two different sets already.

What matters is who/where/what made of.  For more information contact the beer company. They probably have a website.

BTW, Tulum is a new resort some 40 miles south of Cancun. How new it is, if you can find out, will provide an age of your discs. I'd guess 5-10 years.

Thank you for your help.  I will try to contact the mfg.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service