TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Where does one sell back issues of car magazines, and how do you determine prices?

I saved them from my father's estate and now need to find buyers for them. I'll come back and add example titles if I find the list.

There are several totes worth, quite a few are full year sets, and most from the 1960's-1970's, several from the 1950's and I think some from 1940's (?). I'm working from memory, as they are elsewhere right now. 

(The challenge of researching increases since "vintage" in "vintage automotive magazines" can refer to the car OR the magazine. Of course same for classic car, antique car, etc.) 

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

I would think the title of the magazine would have a lot to do with the value.   Show us some pictures when you find them or get a hold of them.  Condition is probably another factor to be considered.  Also, I would think if there were any special issues, limited editions, etc.  You have some work to do!

Usually, "vintage" means 30 years. You're selling magazines, not cars.  Don't confuse yourself...LOL

I have about 200 old Treasure  mags ; am faced with same problem. Individually your rags are worth more but selling them one by one or not at all takes TIME.  How much time do you want to devote to this project?

I went thru same thing with Easy Rider mags

Thanks for taking an interest.

I'm picking up inventorying the collection, from where I left off last time that I was near them. Time is going to be a factor eventually. I'm hoping to have time to cull and sell at least some of the choice ones before I have to let the project go.

I'll post some of the title/years when I get there.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service