TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

The two gold colored words look like O-loost-O and the same (shown twice). Either your picture is out of focus or the names are smeared; can't tell which.  Might even be upside down.  In checking I did find a similar surname of O.Loost in the Archipelago Andaman, in the Indian Ocean which is owned by India, so maybe that is where it's from.  Can't find the names elsewhere. It looks modern to me.

CANT pUT A PHOTO? FOUND A MARK KINDA similar Chantilly porcelain

adding another photo,from photo, can't add photos right now on computer , on this website?
no. 28 in that photo I just added, sure looks like the mark
I think you are right on with the mark being No. 28 on the chart. However, I do think this is reproduction Chantilly from very recently, not authentic from the 18th century. If you Google Chantilly porcelain repro, a lot of results similar to your piece come up. I think the gold marking on the underside is meant to obscure an underglaze mark showing the porcelain was made in France.

I agree, LB. I have seen that overstrike on reproduction ware also.

thanks all

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service