On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Not sure the first try went through.  I'm trying to make out the name on this lovely eagle.  It is 11" tall and I think it might be pewter.  It weighs 8 lbs on my bathroom scale.  

Views: 57

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Based on a glance, I would say "Brunell"

Franklin Mint The Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Pewter Eagle Paul Brunelle

There are many on eBay

I concur with your correct answer

Yes!  Thank  you, that is it!!!!  I thought it might be pewter and they all say it is.  It is missing the paper information from the Franklin mint.    Turned out to be a great 'find'.  Really appreciate the help!!!

I used to live on Coeur d'Alene Lake and all types of eagles congregated during Nov, Dec, and Jan in front of my house to feast of Kokanee salmon that congregated in the shallow bay to rest after spawning. The fish swam with their dorsal fins out of the water so as to catch the suns rays and the eagles watched them from the tree tops. Interesting but brutal. The eagles would also go after mud ducks (coots). They double-teamed them. One eagle would dive on the coot which would dive under water 40-60 feet and then surface. The second eagle watched and met the coot as it surfaced. They share work but not their food. Smaller birds gobbled up bits and pieces that fell to the ground. At any time there would be 20 to 200 eagles in the area.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service