I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

What are these? I called them calipers but suspect they can't be since there are no measuring marks on them.   The surface looks and feels like plastic but from the cross section, the layers have a fibrous look inside. The layers are riveted together at the ends.  TIA

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

These are for High Voltage Electrical work . These were used for removing High Voltage Electric fuses . 

Ha! who would have guessed that!  Maybe I should save them for our next ice storm in case a live wire should cross my path!  On second thought, no, I don't think so.  Thanks!

Margo , I have two pair for the whse. When I need to remove the big industrial fuses . Never use them but for what they were designed to do. I have one that is scissors shaped and one like yours . Find an electrical guy bet he would love to have them . I paid $10 for one  $5 for the other

Thanks Fred.  I will probably list them. I don't expect to be handling big fuses any time soon!!!

Margo , let me know how you do with them. Check with machine shops and tooling guys . Some of the three phase converters use fuses . 

Will do! Thanks so much.


Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service