On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I found this at a thrift store it appears to be a vase I noticed the CAL SHARP 02 on the bottom. It feels like wood and looks like wood, it's beautiful. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 59

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like a hand turned vase made of some type of wood. I can't find anything on a Cal Sharp, but there is a cabinet maker in California that is called "Sharp". Maybe some relation?

Also, you didn't give a size. That might be important. I'd just search around ebay, etsy and etc for "Retro/Vintage Hand turned Wood Vase" to find some comparables for prices. If this was a mid century artisan or "one of" type item, it's next to impossible to find the artist. 

It measures 6" high 5" wide at the top 1 3/4" wide at the bottom. Thanks

There is no seam anywhere on this vase, thanks for your assistance.

Is there a seam on the other side? I can see a vertical line that looks like a seam on the inside in 2 of your pics. The bottom shows signs that it was turned on a lathe. I'd guess that "02" might be the year made, 2002; or not.

I Googled "Calvin wooden vases" and many hits came up. Click "Images". There are many wooden vases ranging in prices from $30. to $300. Some rare woods from Hawaii are worth a lot of money. Koa, Ko'u, and Milo. 

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2021   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service