TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Bronze inkwell painted with letter opener,wax stamp, pen and pocket watch holder

If someone  can please help me with age and origin of this inkwell with letter opener, wax stamp , pen and pocket watch holder. I purchased it in Belgium.

I did all my tests and think its bronze and maybe from Indonesia because of the painted service. 

If anyone can give me any information I would be grateful.

Lorenzo

Views: 78

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

French, late 1800s, bronze dore' and either enamel or cloisonne or champleve decoration, green onyx base. Sweet set.

Does the lid 'ping' like a bell when tapped or thud like brass?

Thanks so much for the quick response! When I tap the top it thuds like brass but when I try with my super strong magnet it does not attract like all my other brass.

Any idea of the value? 

We used to sell sets like this for 400-600 in the prior century so figure 30-80% discount in the current market. Try Ebay 'sold' section or Liveautioneers.com

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service