On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

No Description

Views: 243

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

more photos

Attachments:

photos

Attachments:

I need help iding this pair of lamps. 14 tall 19 overall .Deco ? appear to be painted cast iron really in terrific shape  Tom

I'm thinking Art Nouveau. Deco usually didn't portray flowers more symmetrical patterns.

I'm not sure, but I think that your makers marks are casted into the bottom of the lamp. Look on the four side , in the center of each. Some may appear to be part or the "scrolling" when in fact on closer observation many times it is actually the information you need. Thestamped  number on the base, woould be the pattern number for the lamp. If you cannot maake out the hidden letters/numbers in the pattern , try to make a pencil rubbing of the area.  (place a sheet of paper over the area and hold the pencil on it's side . Lightly rube the side of the pencil tip across the surface . this will help to see things that normally can't be seen sometimes with the naked eye. 

not deco,

nouveau

I cant make the name out , here is a photo..

Attachments:

Wire and plug are circa 1910-20s. Colors circa 1920s. Arts and Crafts era.  Lamp shade is Western-Cowboy and doesn't go with your table lamp at all. Not Art Deco or Nouveau.

I didn't look at all your links-too time consuming to open them. "No description", or dimensions, works or not, condition...provenance.

Thomas, terminate the posts that say "more photos".  Use X in right margin.

Thank you ,Tom .The lamps came out of an 1850s Farmhouse. Mostly everything in it was very old. A lot of civil war era , up til the 1920s  pretty much untouched . I have not tried using them because of the cords.There also is a matching mirror with etched? glass I will take a few photos later today...Tom

Matching mirror photos

Attachments:

Additional photos

Attachments:

I love the old lamps. Whenever I get one I send it to an antique electrical repair shop. They have spools of 1910-20 fuzzy covered lamp wire that is brand new and UL approved. Rewiring lights is easy but I prefer to let licensed shops do it for me.

The matching mirror is cool; great addition.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service